Want to Run for City Government?

Municipal elections for Gulfport, St. Pete Beach and South Pasadena will be held in March of 2017; qualifying period deadlines are in 2016.


The city of Gulfport will hold its municipal general election on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 for the purpose of electing two councilmembers, one for Ward 2 and one for Ward 4. Both positions are two year terms. Compensation for councilmember positions are $9,000 annually.

Qualifying begins at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, December 5, 2016 and ends at noon on Monday, December 12, 2016.

Requirements for qualification: candidates must be a resident of their ward for at least one year prior to the date of qualification. For further information and qualifying paperwork, please contact the Gulfport city clerk’s office at 727-893-1012.

St. Pete Beach

St. Pete Beach will hold its municipal election on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. The seats up for election include mayor-commissioner, a three-year term; commissioner, District 2; and commissioner, District 4, both two-year terms. The salary for the mayor-commissioner is $8,100 annually. The salary for commissioners is $5,400 annually.

The qualifying period begins at noon on Thursday, December 1, 2016 and ends at noon on Friday, December 9.

Requirements for qualification: the mayor-commissioner must have first been a full-time resident of the city for a period of one year prior to the last day he or she is allowed by law to qualify to run as a candidate for the position. City commissioners must be a full-time resident of both the city and the district which he or she seeks to represent for a period of 12 months preceding the last day on which he or she is allowed to qualify as a candidate.

For further information, contact the St. Pete Beach city clerk’s office at 727-363-9201.

South Pasadena

South Pasadena will hold a municipal election on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 for the election of two commissioners.

The qualifying period ended at noon on November 15, 2016.

For further information, call the city clerk’s office at 727-347-4171.


Don't be shy. Tell us what you think.